Key Things to note about NDA Admission
- The application form for the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna’s 75th Regular Course, for the 2023/2024 academic session is now available online.
- The NDA post-UTME/admission form costs N3,500.
- The NDA admission cut-off marks are 180 (Arts & Social Sciences) and 210 (Science) (Engineering courses).
- The submission deadline for NDA applications is March 31, 2023.
If you’ve been searching for a post that answers all your questions on how to gain Admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), you’re at the right place. This very informative post will benefit students looking for a straightforward breakdown to apply and gain admission into NDA Kaduna.
We also cover the duration of all regular courses, admission requirements, a step-by-step online application, and everything you need to know about the Nigerian Defence Academy to make your admission process as simple as possible. So keep reading.
The NDA application form was open Monday, October 24, 2022, and will be available till March 31, 2023. Unfortunately, many candidates are ignorant of how the admission process works. Here are some tips to make your application easier.
8 Tips to Get Into the Nigerian Defence Academy
Comply with the Basic Requirements
In general, ensure that you possess and meet all of these requirements. If any are lacking, don’t bother obtaining their form.
- Be at least 17 years old and no more than 21 in August of the year of admission to the Academy. Candidates who want to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between the ages of 17 and 18. During the registration process, your birth certificate will be scanned and uploaded.
- Males must be 1.68 meters tall, and females must be 1.65 meters tall.
- Must be medically and physically fit and have a good moral character.
- You must be a single male or female with no legal obligation to support any children or other people.
- Be able to present a Certificate of State of Origin issued by a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigeneship issued by the State Governor’s Office. This will be scanned and uploaded as part of the online registration process.
Make NDA your first choice in UTME.
Is it still necessary to select NDA in the UTME to obtain their form? No. However, they have recently updated (as of 2019 admission) that the university must be chosen as the first choice if you are serious about gaining admission. And if you did not choose them during the UTME, you can change institutions and courses.
NDA must be your first option. This is because more students compete for the few spaces available at the university yearly. Under normal circumstances, the management will want to consider those who choose them as their first choice institutions.
And if you are not admitted, you will still have time to transfer to another school. Don’t worry; candidates can change institutions up to two times.
Score Not less than 180 in UTME
NDA has consistently used a cut-off mark of 180 and above for their applicants.
Only candidates with a minimum JAMB 2022 score of 180 (for Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Military Science, and Interdisciplinary Studies) and 210 (for Faculty of Engineering) will be offered admission to NDA by the AFSB.
Higher JAMB scores, on the other hand, are a distinct advantage. However, you are eligible for their application and entrance exams if you have a grade point average of 180 or higher.
Apply with Relevant SSCE Results
You must have a minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE or GCE’ O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) obtained in no more than two sittings relevant to the Faculty of choice. All courses require credit in English and Mathematics.
You can also read about their specific course SSCE requirements. In addition, there is a list of their courses, their general and compulsory O’level subjects, and those optional.
Study NDA Past Questions and Answers Rigorously
This is a crucial tip for passing the NDA exam and gaining admission. Therefore, past questions and answers must be thoroughly studied to prepare for this exam.
The good news is that there are no new questions; the old ones are recycled and repeated every year, so study the past question papers; if you pass them with flying colors, you are guaranteed to pass your NDA exams with distinctions.
Do Your Online Registration And Document Submission On Time
This underrated tip will withstand all tests of time. Most candidates have developed the habit of waiting until the eleventh hour before submitting their applications. Many people are unaware that the NDA begins processing candidate documents as soon as they are submitted, so when the required number of expected candidates is reached.
Other candidates’ documents are treated as secondary, lowering their chances of admission to the Defence Academy (NDA Kaduna). In conclusion, early online registration and submission of all relevant documents is critical information that must be considered when applying for admission.
Sign up for NDA Admission through her Portal.
Like all other schools, students must register for post-UTME examinations at their respective universities, polytechnics, or colleges of education.
However, NDA is not strictly post-UTME. You can purchase a form from the site to be eligible for entrance exams.
This form, however, will be available for purchase even before the JAMB form is released, and it will remain available until the JAMB form is closed to UTME applicants. As a result, you have plenty of time to decide whether or not to obtain the form.
In other words, you can purchase them before other schools sell post-UTME forms. You should get the form before the UTME registration deadline. Please keep this in mind!
Write their entrance examinations and Ace the Interview Stage
Entrance exams are typically held in May of each year. However, this date is subject to change due to logistical considerations.
Before the exams, you must print your exam schedule slip and participate. This schedule will be available only to candidates who registered and met the O’level and JAMB score requirements.
And if you get to the interview stage, Congratulations!
After your name is announced as one of those chosen for the interview, you must prepare for the physical verification of your credentials and the oral interview. The final list will follow this.
NDA Admission Requirements
Meeting the NDA admission requirements simplifies the process for candidates looking for the most dependable method of gaining admission into the Defence Academy with merit.
Since this post focuses on gaining admission into NDA Kaduna, we have provided full details of all requirements to be met and provided by candidates below; go through them one by one, as this will greatly assist you in your application process. Check them below
Candidates for admission to the Nigerian Defence Academy’s (NDA) 75 Regular Course must have the following qualifications:
- Must be physically and medically fit and have good moral character.
- You must be a single male or female with no legal obligation to support children or other people.
- Present a Certificate of Indigeneship issued by the state or local government.
- As of August 2023, you must be at least 17 years old and no older than 21 (the year of entry into the Academy).
- A minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS, and NABTEB), English language, Mathematics, and three other subjects relevant to the intended program must be obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) and achieved an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by the JAMB annual policy meeting) in English, Mathematics, and any other two subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as specified in the JAMB Brochure.
- Males must be 1.68 meters tall, and females must be 1.65 meters tall.
- Language skills in French, Arabic, and Mandarin are advantageous.
Candidates should be aware of the following:
- Application forms that do not include ordinary-level results will not be accepted.
- Candidates who are awaiting results are ineligible.
- Only results from ordinary-level examinations that are less than five years old from the examination date will be accepted.
- Admission to the Academy is open to both male and female Nigerians.
How to Apply for Admission to the NDA (75th Regular Course)
Candidates should log in to the application portal at https://www.ndaapplications.net/, select “Purchase Access Code,” and pay N3,500.00 via REMITA for their application. Please keep in mind that only payments for RRR Codes generated through the application portal will be accepted.
Application forms must be submitted online, along with scanned SSCE results. Candidates must download an Acknowledgement Form after submitting their online application.
Screening Test Date And Requirements:
The screening test will be held as phase one of the Post-UTME screening on Saturday, April 22, 2023. To the Screening Test Centre, all eligible candidates must bring their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip, and TWO (2) postcard-sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs.
The photographs should only show the candidate’s name, exam number, state, exam center, course of study, and signature from the chest upwards.
Only those who pass the NDA Screening Test will be invited to the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening process), after which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
All Regular Course cadets will train in the NDA, with the Federal Government of Nigeria covering administration and logistics costs.
In response to candidates’ requests for reference materials, the Academy has made a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers available to interested candidates for a nominal fee. This is available from the Registry, NDA.
Other Things To Note
Candidates accepted into the NDA for the Regular Course will receive military and academic training as Officer Cadets for five years for Nigerian Army cadets, four years for Nigerian Navy cadets, and four years for Nigerian Air Force cadets. Graduates will receive an honors degree in a core discipline after completing training (BSc, BEng, BA). They will also receive a Presidential Commission into the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Cadets admitted to the Nigerian Defence Academy are full-time students, not employees in training. They shall not assert any right or engagement as an employee of the institution or the Federal Government of Nigeria if dismissed or withdrawn from the Academy before commissioning as an officer.
For more information, check their;
Application Portal: www.ndaapplications.net
How to Check the Status of Your NDA Online Application
You can check the status of your application by logging in with your username and password and clicking on APPLICATION STATUS, which will bring up a page confirming the current status of your online application.
We hope this information is useful to anyone wondering how to apply for and gain admission to NDA Kaduna. Follow the admission tips provided above and meet all of the requirements. You will see that admission to the Nigerian Defence Academy is simple because it is strictly based on merit.
Beware of Scammers!
Best wishes in your admissions search.